Input Media are currently recruiting a Avid Edit Assistant to be based in the Production Centre in Shepherds Bush, London.
Reporting to the ACR Operational Supervisor.
To provide edit and technical support to 12 AVID edit suites and a Pro Tools Sound Suite.
- Preparing and setting up edit suites for bookings prior to client’s arrival.
- Digitising a variety of sources to an Avid Unity ISIS storage system in the correct format depending on the specific job requirements.
- Encoding and converting media using various encoder systems including Episode, Vantage, iFFMPEG and Pipeline.
- Layoffs to a variety of tape formats from edit suites meeting exact delivery requirements and broadcast specifications.
- DVD and Blu-Ray Authoring.
- Media and project management on Avid Unity ISIS system and Interplay.
- Rigging, digitising and recording using a wide variety of tape machines including Digibeta, Beta SP, DVCAM, HDVCAM, HDCAM, DVCPro and SR.
- Co-ordinating with the librarians to ensure stock is ordered and billed correctly and that each job’s stock requests tallies with official requests.
- Checking all layoffs, encodes and digitising to ensure it matches with the request and is technically accurate.
- QC’ing tape layoffs through a scope and waveform monitor to ensure legal technical requirements.
- Liaising with the engineers to ensure that all feeds to and from the edit suites are set up correctly for the edits to run smoothly and problem free.
- Problem solving AVID errors in an efficient manner that keeps the loss of edit time down to a minimum.
- Dealing with clients’ requests for work in a timely manner while continuing the day to day activities to assist all edit suites. Reassuring clients of accurate time scales and delivery times.
- To undertake additional duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience using Avid Unity ISIS shared storage systems
- Media related degree or equivalent preferred
- Good knowledge using Avid Unity ISIS shared storage systems, Media Composer Adrenaline and Symphony Nitris
- Technical aptitude of AVID editing, encoding and decks
- Logical and efficient approach to solving problems
- Computer literate on WINDOWS – WORD, EXCEL etc.
- The ability to work well within a busy team environment and under time pressure
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills liaising with clients daily
- Full understanding of television standards and how television works.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of Pro Tools - Desirable
- 160 hours per month (shift work, evenings, weekends, overnight)
If you feel you match the requirements for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter with the reference (AEA300119) in the subject heading to us at email@example.com Your covering letter should outline why you feel you would be a successful candidate for the role.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications that we are expecting, we will not be able to respond to all applications. Therefore, should you not hear from us within 4 weeks of the date of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE