Dell N3024 Network Switch
Dell Networking N3000 is a series of energy-efficient and cost-effective 1GbE switches designed for modernizing and scaling network infrastructure. N3000 switches utilize a comprehensive enterprise-class Layer 2 and Layer 3 feature set, deliver consistent, simplified management and offer high-availability device and network design.
The N3000 switch series offers a power-efficient and resilient Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switching solution with integrated 10GbE uplinks for advanced Layer 3 distribution for offices and campus networks. The N3000 switch series has high-performance capabilities and wire-speed performance utilizing a non-blocking architecture to easily handle unexpected traffic loads. Use dual internal hot-swappable 80PLUS-certified power supplies for high availability and power efficiency. The switches offer simple management and scalability via an 84Gbps (full-duplex) highavailability stacking architecture that allows management of up to 12 switches from a single IP address.
Modernize campus network architectures
Modernize campus network architectures with a power-efficient and resilient 1/10GbE switching solution with dense Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+). Select N3000 models offer 24 or 48 ports of PoE+ to deliver clean power to network devices such as wireless access points (APs), Voice-over-IP (VoIP) handsets, video conferencing systems and security cameras. For greater interoperability in multivendor networks, all N-Series switches offer the latest openstandard protocols and include technology to interface with Cisco protocol RPVST+ and devices using CDP.
Achieve high availability and full bandwidth utilization with Multichassis Link Aggregation (MLAG). All N-Series switches support MLAG to create active/active loop-free redundancy without spanning tree. Server rooms can deliver reliable server and storage connectivity with features to help save time and avoid configuration errors. The N3000 series is also fully tested and validated to work with Dell EqualLogic™ PS-Series storage arrays.*
Leverage familiar tools and practices
All N-Series switches include Dell Networking OS 6 designed for easier deployment, greater interoperability and a lower learning curve for network administrators. One common command line interface (CLI) and graphic user interface (GUI) using a well-known command language gets skilled network administrators productive quickly. This allows network administrators to maintain consistent configurations by running one OS release across all N-Series products. With USB auto-configuration, network administrators can rapidly deploy mirrored configurations to numerous devices by simply inserting a USB key.
Deploy with confidence at any scale
N3000 series switches help create performance assurance with a data rate up to 260Gbps (full duplex) and a forwarding rate up to 193Mpps. Scale easily with built-in rear stacking ports. Switch stacks of up to 624 1GbE ports can be managed from a single screen using the highly-available stacking architecture for high-density aggregation with seamless redundant availability. N-Series switches help provide certainty with a lifetime warranty that covers software upgrades, hardware repair or replacement, and optics and cables purchased with the switch.
Modernize your network
N-Series is a family of energy-efficient and cost-effective 1GbE and 10GbE switches designed for modernizing and scaling network infrastructure. The Dell Networking N3000 Series offers high-availability GbE switches for Layer 3 access or aggregation, providing easy-to-manage solutions that:
- Use MLAG for multipath loop-free redundancy without spanning tree to enable full-bandwidth utilization and high availability
- Promote greater interoperability through interfaces with Cisco's Rapid Per VLAN Spanning Tree (RPVST+) and devices using Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP)
- Offer a more flexible choice in your network by uniting products with the latest open standard protocols
- Include advanced IPv4 and IPv6 Layer 3 routing, security and scalability features
- Plug-and-play configuration with Dell EqualLogic iSCSI storage arrays with one-command iSCSI setup that alleviates multiple-step configuration and potential configuration errors
Deliver clean power to network devices with PoE+ support
The Dell Networking N3000 Series has options for up to 48 ports of Power-over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+) without an external power supply. This allows you to attach devices with high power requirements (up to 30.8 watts) without running a separate power cable. PoE+ is particularly useful in older buildings where installing power to multiple, widespread locations can be prohibitively expensive.
Designed for efficiency
Built to help keep operating costs down, the N3000 Series can operate at temperatures up to 113°F (45°C) to help reduce cooling costs. Features designed to improve overall efficiency include:
- Hot-swappable 80PLUS-certified efficient power supply with dual power supplies option
- Enough power capacity to provide up to 48 ports of PoE+ (up to 30.8 watts) in a 1U footprint
- Redundant variable-speed cooling fans
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet and low-power PHYs to help reduce power to inactive ports and idle links
Advanced feature set to simplify management
The Dell Networking N3000 Series is designed for easy deployment, outstanding interoperability and a low learning curve for network administrators. A single OS release (Dell Networking OS 6) allows you to maintain consistent configurations across all N-Series products with a comprehensive feature set that includes:
- One common command line interface (CLI) and graphical user interface (GUI) that use a well-known command language to help skilled network administrators become productive quickly
- USB auto-configuration that helps network administrators rapidly deploy mirrored configurations to numerous devices by simply inserting a USB key
- A variety of enterprise-class features with familiar and intuitive configuration and management commands
- The latest open-standard protocols and smart integration technologies to help make smoothly operating multi-vendor networks possible
Hardware, performance and efficiency
- Up to 48 line-rate GbE ports of copper or fiber, two combo ports for fiber/copper flexibility, and two integrated 10GbE SFP+ ports.
- Up to 48 ports of PoE+ in 1RU without an external power supply.
- Up to 624 1GbE ports in a 12-unit stack for high-density, highavailability aggregation and distribution in wiring closets/MDFs. Non-stop forwarding and fast failover in stack configurations.
- Hot swappable expansion module supporting dual-port SFP+ or dual-port 10GBaseT.
- Available with dual 80PLUS-certified hot swappable power supplies. Variable speed fan operation helps decrease cooling and power costs.
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet and lower power PHYs reduce power to inactive ports and idle links, providing energy savings from the power cord to the port.
- Dell Fresh Air compliance for operation in environments up to 113°F (45°C) helps reduce cooling costs in temperature constrained deployments.
Deploying, configuring and managing
- Tool-less ReadyRails™ significantly reduces rack installation time.
- USB auto-configuration rapidly deploys the switch without setting up complex TFTP configurations or sending technical staff to remote offices.
- Plug-and-Play configuration with Dell EqualLogic iSCSI storage arrays* and one-command iSCSI setup alleviates multiple step configuration and potential configuration errors.
- Management via an intuitive and familiar CLI, embedded web server (GUI), SNMP-based management console application (including Dell OpenManage Network Manager), Telnet or serial connection.
- Private VLAN extensions and Private VLAN Edge support.
- AAA authorization, TACACS+ accounting and RADIUS support for comprehensive secure access support.
- Authentication tiering allows network administrators to tier port authentication methods such as 802.1x, MAC Authentication Bypass and Captive Portal in priority order so that a single port can provide flexible access and security.
- Achieve high availability and full bandwidth utilization with MLAG and support firmware upgrades without taking the network offline.
- Interfaces with RPVST+ protocol for greater flexibility and interoperability in Cisco networks.
- Advanced Layer 3 IPv4 and IPv6 functionality.
- Flexible routing options with policy-based routing to route packets based on assigned criteria beyond destination address.
- Remote Switch Port Analyzer (RSPAN) monitors ports across a Layer 2 domain without costly dedicated network taps.