Meet Jack Phillips and Luca Saggiorato, our newest Graduates at Gravity Media!
Jack has joined as an Assistant Technical Producer and Luca has joined the team as a Graduate Audio Engineer. Check out their thoughts on their proudest moment at Gravity Media so far, motivation, and tips for starting out in the industry!
- What is your favourite part / proudest moment at Gravity Media? My favourite part so far at working at GM so far was working on the FA Cup Final. Being part of it on my first week was quite special and seeing how much work is put in prior to the event
- What motivates you at work? As a recent graduate lots of students would love to be in the position I am. I’m motivated to not waste the opportunity and work hard.
- A tip for someone starting out in the broadcast industry? A willingness to learn and a positive attitude. No one was an expert on their first day!
- Favourite film / tv programme / sport / sports team? I’m a big sports fan such as football, F1, boxing and darts!
- What makes great TV / films? Being able to connect with an audience, there’s so many different types of films out there and they each create a connection with a certain type of person. There’s room for everyone with so many stories to tell and so many people to connect to.
- What is your favourite part / proudest moment at Gravity Media? My favourite part so far has been being able to see and use equipment that I wished I had the chance to use while studying at university, as well as being able to question and learn from colleagues that are very experienced and knowledgeable within this industry
- What motivates you at work? My motivation at work is the willingness to keep learning new equipment and progressing further as an Audio Engineer
- A tip for someone starting out in the broadcast industry? A tip I would give is to learn a bit of everything and to ask questions. Asking questions to those who are more knowledgeable and experienced helps to broaden your understanding and bridge gaps in your knowledge. Most important is to try your hardest at everything and attempt roles/jobs even if you aren’t 100% confident
- Favourite film / tv programme / sport / sports team? My favourite sports team is probably AC Milan since it’s where part of family is originally from and I have supported them ever since I was a child.
- What makes great TV / films? Great TV and Film are both made through exceptional planning and prep, time and most importantly teamwork, since one person can’t make the best production possible!