Founded in 1964, Turkish Radio & Television Corporation (TRT) is the Istanbul-based national public broadcaster of Turkey.
TRT awarded Gravity Media (as Gearhouse Broadcast) with the contract to design and build two new high-definition OB trucks to help with its increasing outside broadcast needs.
The two custom-built, 13.95m long, single-expanding HD outside broadcast trucks can accommodate production crews of up to 16, and each climate-controlled vehicle features a standalone 5.1 audio mixing area, production gallery and engineering control room.
Our Systems Integration team provided TRT with the full spectrum of broadcast systems expertise, ranging from planning and project management through to design, engineering, installation, commissioning, training and aftercare support.
Each of the trucks is a technological tour de force, fully equipped with:
- 9 Sony HDC-1450R/U connected to 9 Sony HDCU-1500/U CCUs using HDFX-100/UF Triax Fibre Converters;
- 2 Sony HDC-3300R Super Slow Motion Cameras connected to 2 Sony HDCU-3300R CCUs;
- 4 Canon HJ40X10B IASD-V 10-400mm HDTV Zoom Lens;
- 2 Canon HJ75xs EDFS Box Lens;
- 6 Canon HJ22EX7.6BIASE Lens;
- 3 HJ14x4.3BIASE HD Lens;
- 3 EVS XT2+ Broadcast Servers;
- 3 SRW-5800 Series HDCAM-SR VTRs;
- Snell Kahuna 32 Button Compact, 64 Input, Multi- Format Video Switcher;
- Studer Vista 5 Digital Mixing Audio Console;
- Sony LCD Monitors;
- Harris Balanced AES Platinum Audio Router (192 x 160);
- Harris Platinum Video Router (176 x 256); and
- Harris Neo glue products.
TRT’s state-of the-art HD outside broadcast trucks are the largest and most advanced HD OB units in Turkey.