The Hi-Motion family of cameras are all full HD digital high-speed camera systems developed by nac Image Technology for the Broadcast Television Industry.Since the original Hi-Motion was first introduced in 2005, the system has been embraced by broadcasters and sports producers around the world, including the World Cup in 2006, Beijing 2008, Vancouver 2010 and most recently with 22 Hi-Motion II systems at the London Games in 2012.
The excellent slo-motion images, (at up to 20 times slow down) of the Hi-Motion give sports producers and broadcasters dramatic images that show detail and emotion not seen before, that have been used to enhance the coverage and understanding of many sports.
The ease of integration within the standard Outside Broadcast workflow and ease of operation both for the Camera Operator and the Record/Replay operator have led to the rapid acceptance of the Hi-Motion cameras as another part of the Producer and Directors tool kit in telling the story of the match.
The Hi-Motion has several unique features among the competing Ultra Slo-Motion Cameras; the Hi-Motion Cameras are the only with 3 sensor technology, the same as all mainline broadcast cameras; Hi-Motion has the industry standard B4 lens mount so that all of a Broadcasters or Facilities existing standard lenses can be used, without the need for adaptors or modification.
Hi-MotionII was launched by nac at NAB in April 2011, with delivery of the first units early in 2012. The key facts about the camera are; that it builds on all the positive features of the existing Hi-Motion
- Designed from its inception as a Broadcast System camera
- Industry Standard B4 Lens Mount
- Industry Standard SMPTE Hybrid Fibre (up to 2 Km) between camera head & CCU
- 3 Sensor design for superior colour matching and representation
- Simple & effective workflow
- Instant playback
- Easy to integrate to existing OB workflow
- Ease of use for Camera Operator, Vision Engineer and EVS Operator
- Real-time viewfinders; 2" monocular & 9" colour
- Genuinely operable handheld
- System partner to nac for Hi-MotionII is Ikegami
- Improved Sensitivity by 2-3 stops (Minimum 4X brighter)
- Continuous Live output - separate from the Replay output
- Record & Replay at the same time
- EVS Control Integration
- Flicker Suppression Circuit for working under lights
- Double Recording Memory to 96GB
- Recording Speed up to 1,000fps
- Effective and usable Shutter
- Stand-alone operation. E.g. On Steadicam with RF Links.
- Works with standard Telecast "Shed" (Sony/Ikegami) for use on single-mode fibre for long distances transmission from camera to CCU
- Download Hi Motion II Specification Sheet new (1.9 MB pdf)