- HD Lenses
Canon HJ14ex4.3B HDTV Wide Angle Lens
The HJ14ex4.3B IRSE / IASE is the widest portable HDTV lens by Canon and surpasses it’s long acclaimed predecessor the HJ11ex4.7 in creative options.
- Power Optics – superb imagery with latest optical design
- Focal range of 4.3mm to 60mm (120mm with extender)
- Crossover Technology Option – switchable between 16:9 and 4:3
- Enhanced Digital Drive technology
- Compact, robust ergonomic design
Widest Angle Lens To Date in the TV Industry
With a minimum focal length of 4.3mm the HJ14 ex4.3 lens features the widest angle among presently available 2/3-inch lenses with an angular field of view of 96.3° in the 16:9 format at the wide end. This is significantly augmented with the 14x zoom range reaching to 60mm(120mm with extender), producing an unsurpassed operational combination that greatly expands HDTV production applications.
Improved Optical Performance
The past decade has seen dramatic advances in powerful new 3D optical design tools, glass materials, design techniques (such as aspherical elements), and optical coatings. These new technologies allow the HJ14x lens to provide a wider angle and a higher zoom ratio than previous models, while also offering important optical performance enhancements:
- Higher resolution at both picture center and at the extremities of the 16:9 HD image plane
- Further minimization of chromatic aberrations and geometric distortion
- Less light falloff from picture center to corners, especially at wide angle settings
- Reduced focus breathing
- Curtailment of ghosting artifacts created by strong light sources
Improved Operabilty and Reduced Operator Fatigue
Besides the exceptional optical performance, another remarkable character of this new lens is it’s newly designed drive unit. With the goal of pursuing ease of operation, Canon has reached a new design based on human ergonomics, refined by a long term research and testing.