The Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Express is a capture and playback solution featuring 3 Gb/s SDI, HDMI and analog connections with high-speed Thunderbolt technology. UltraStudio Express is extremely portable, as the compact design is powered by its Thunderbolt connection and can be operated from a computer's battery or power source. UltraStudio Express supports all common SD/HD formats for incredible quality video up to 1080p60, connects to virtually all consumer and professional equipment.
UltraStudio Express features an attractive machined aluminum design that looks great on your desk. Its also compact and durable. That means you take it on location for uncompressed and compressed capture and playback in the highest 10 bit SD/HD quality. It features the largest choice of connections of any capture and playback solution with the flexibility to connect all types of consumer and professional video and audio equipment.
3 Gb/s SDI and HDMI inputs and outputs are built-in to the sleek aluminum design and UltraStudio Express is supplied with two breakout cables that can be interchanged in seconds for connecting to all types of video and audio equipment. One breakout cable includes RCA connections for consumer equipment and the other breakout cable includes professional BNC and XLR connections, plus genlock and RS422 deck control for connecting to professional broadcast equipment. With two interchangeable breakout cables, UltraStudio Express can bridge the gap between consumer and broadcast video equipment.
With easy plug and play and incredibly fast transfer speeds of Thunderbolt technology, UltraStudio Express can be moved easily between computers and can capture from decks, cameras and live video sources, and output to monitors, projectors, media servers and more. This is perfect for editing, compositing, graphics production and unlimited broadcast and post production situations where the highest quality video and true versatility are demanded.
UltraStudio Express is fully compatible with Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, Avid Media Composer 6, Adobe After Effects CS6, Adobe Photoshop CS6 and more. Also included is Blackmagic Design's Media Express software.
- Form Factor: External Box
- Connection: Thunderbolt
- SDI Inputs: 1 x 10 bit SD/HD switchable
- HDMI Input: 1 x HDMI type A connector
- Analogue Inputs: 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNC or RCA connectors switchable to S-Video or Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
- SDI Outputs: 1 x 10 bit SD/HD switchable.
- HDMI Output: 1 x HDMI type A connector
- Analogue Outputs: 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNC or RCA connectors switchable to S-Video or Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
- Digital Audio: 2 Channels unbalanced with sample rate converter on BNC connector.
- SDI Inputs: 16 Channels embedded in HD. 8 Channels embedded in SD.
- HDMI Inputs: 2 channels embedded in SD and HD.
- Analogue Inputs: 2 Channels of analog audio via professional balanced XLR connectors or unbalanced RCA connectors.
- SDI Outputs: 16 Channels embedded in HD. 8 Channels embedded in SD.
- HDMI Outputs: 2 channels embedded in SD and HD.
- Analogue Outputs: 2 Channels of analog audio via professional balanced XLR connectors or unbalanced RCA connectors.
- Device Control: Sony compatible RS422 deck control ports. Serial ports TxRx direction reversible under software control.
- Sync/Reference: Blackburst in SD, 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080i50 and 1080i59.94 formats or Tri-Sync in any HD format.
Formats and Standards Supported
- SD Format Support: 625/25, 625p PAL and 525/29.97, 525p NTSC, 480p
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080p24, 1080PsF25, 1080p25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p29.97, 1080PsF30 and 1080p30.
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2
- Up Conversion: Real time standard definition to 1080HD and 720HD during video capture.
- Down Conversion: Software based down conversion during video playback.
- Cross Conversion: Real time 720HD to 1080HD during video capture.
- Warranty: 3 Years Limited Manafacturer's Warrenty
- System Requirements: Requires a computer with a Thunderbolt Port Mac OS X 10.7.3 or later required
- Included Software: Media Express Disk Speed Test Blackmagic System Preferences Blackmagic Driver