Canon CJ12ex4.3B IASE S 4K Lens
A ground-breaking 2/3” 4K wide angle portable lens with 12x zoom and focal length that extends from an exceptional 4.3mm at the wide end to 52mm. Compact and lightweight, it’s the perfect way to bring high-quality 4K resolution to ENG and studio applications.
Outstanding 4K lens performance
Canon CJ12 has taken the industry-leading success of its high definition HJ14 lens and completely redesigned the lens optics to create an outstanding 4K wide-angle lens. The CJ12 gives you a focal length beginning with an impressive 4.3mm and extending up to 52mm. The lens’ built-in extender doubles this to 104mm, without compromising its 4K quality.
Paired with a 2/3” 4K camera such as the Sony HDC-4300 or HDC-P43, the CJ12 gives outstanding 4K performance right to the edge of the lens.
Familiarity of use for operators
With its tried and tested build quality and design, the CJ12 will be familiar to most camera operators. Having evolved from the HJ14, the CJ12 will fit easily into any fleet. It utilises the same zoom and focus demands as its predecessor – included in our hire kit. And it boasts the same zoom speed – 0.5 seconds – as Canon’s HD lenses.
And as with Canon’s HJ range, we also offer a 4K equivalent to the HJ14’s partner, the HJ22 – the Canon CJ20 4K lens.
Portability and comfort
Add to this the portability of the lens, which weighs just over 2kg. It sits comfortably on the shoulder, making it ideal for ENG and sports applications. It’s easy to see why many outside broadcasters have been quick to adopt the Canon CJ12. Expect to see more and more of these creeping into 4K live productions at F1 Grand Prix and large rugby and football matches.
- 4K resolution 2/3” portable wide angle lens with 12x zoom
- Exceptional 4.3mm focal length at the wide end extends to 52mm (104mm using the built-in 2x extender)
- Stunning optical performance right to the edge of the image when paired with a 2/3” 4K compatible camera
- Combines 4K quality with lightweight design and compact size comparable to HD lenses for comfortable on-shoulder shooting
- Sustained 4K performance even when using the built-in 2x extender
- Proven, high-quality 16-bit encoder captures precise information on zoom, focus and iris and allows support for aberration correction immediately on start-up
- 3x 20-pin connectors make for effortless use with existing Canon HD lens accessories and virtual systems.
Zoom Ratio 12x
Image size 2/3"
Built-in Extender 2.0x
Range of focal length (with Extender) 4.3-52mm (8.6-104mm)
Maximum Relative Aperture(with Extender) 1:1.8 at 4.3-40mm1:2.4 at 52mm(1:3.6 at 8.6-80mm)(1:4.8 at 104mm)
Angular Field of view - 16:9 Aspect Ratio (9.6x5.4mm, with Extender) 96.3° x 64.2° at 4.3mm10.5° x 5.9° at 52mm (58.3° x 34.9° at 8.6mm) (5.3° x 3.0° at 104mm)
M.O.D. from lens front 0.3m
Object dimensions at M.O.D. - 16:9 Aspect Ratio (9.6x5.4mm, with Extender) 76.4 x 43.0cm at 4.3mm 6.0 x 3.4cm at 52mm (38.2 x 21.5cm at 8.6mm) (3.0 x 1.7cm at 104mm)
Approx. Size (WxHxL) 163.5 x 108 x 247.8mm
Approx. Mass 2.1kg
Information Display Yes
Filter Thread Size (Hood / Lens Barrel) 127mm P0.75 / -