In addition to Gravity Media being nominated for a BAFTA in the Best Sports Programme category, a number of the clients of our Gravity House cutting rooms on Frith Street in Soho, London, were also nominated for BAFTA awards and there were some winners amongst them.
All three of the four BAFTA nominations for Best Drama used cutting room facilities and edit suites at Gravity House using Gravity Media’s equipment, namely:
- WINNER:THE END OF THE F***ING WORLD Production Team – Clerkenwell Films, Dominic Buchanan Productions/Channel 4/Netflix
- GENTLEMAN JACK Sally Wainwright, Faith Penhale, Laura Lankester, Phil Collinson – Lookout Point, HBO/BBC One
- GIRI/HAJI Production Team – Sister/BBC Two
The fourth nomination, THE CROWN (Peter Morgan, Suzanne Mackie, Benjamin Caron, Michael Casey – Left Bank Pictures, Sony Pictures Television/Netflix), also used Gravity House for seasons subsequent series (S5 and S5).
In addition, two of the four BAFTA nominations for Best Editing (fiction) are also clients of Gravity Media, namely:
- DAN CRINNION Killing Eve (Episode 4) – Sid Gentle Films/BBC One – used equipment supplied by Gravity Media’s post-production team
- ELEN PIERCE LEWIS Giri/Haji – Sister/BBC Two – used cutting room facilities and edit suites at Gravity House and equipment supplied by Gravity Media’s post-production team
Other clients of Gravity Media nominated in this year’s BAFAs include:
- A CONFESSION (Jeff Pope, Paul Andrew Williams, Tom Dunbar, Johnny Capps – ITV Studios, Urban Myth Films/ITV) nominated for Best Mini-Series; Gravity Media’s post-production team provided equipment and technical support for S1 and are posed to provide similar support for S2 post Covid-19
- RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE (UK Production Team – World of Wonder Productions/BBC Three) nominated for Best Reality & Constructed Factual; used cutting rooms at Gravity House and equipment provided by Gravity Media’s post-production team both at Gravity House and for the location record work
- LAURENCE DORMAN, LINDA WILSON Killing Eve (Sid Gentle Films/BBC One) nominated for Best Production Design; used cutting room facilities and edit suites at Gravity House and equipment supplied by Gravity Media’s post-production team
- NICK FRY, STEVE SPEED, JAMES EVANS, NICK ADAMS Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Box to Box Films/Netflix) nominated for Best Sound (Factual); used cutting room facilities and edit suites at Gravity House and equipment supplied by Gravity Media’s post-production team
- WINNER:BLUE PLANET LIVE Production Team (BBC Studios Natural History Unit, Open University, BBC Learning/BBC One) nominated for Best Live Event; Gravity Media supplied their post-production requirements in Bristol
- GLASTONBURY 2019 Production Team (BBC Studios/BBC Two) also nominated for Best Live Event; Gravity Media covered all their post-production and EVS requirements on location
Congratulations to all of the winners and we look forward to the celebrations at Gravity House.
The Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards 2020 ceremony where the winners were announced was hosted by Richard Ayoade and broadcast on BBC One on Friday 31 July 2020. For the first time ever, the BAFTA’s were a closed studio awards for BBC One rather than at the Royal Festival Hall as planned.