Gearhouse Broadcast are currently recruiting a TV Lens Technician based in Watford, England.
Gearhouse Broadcast is a market leader in the field of broadcast services and specialises in broadcast project solutions, systems integration, equipment rental and equipment sales. Operating globally from its offices in the UK, US, Australia, France and UAE, the company offers huge experience and a proven track record in delivering major sporting and entertainment events.
Based in our Watford office, the Trainee Lens Technician will play a key role in ensuring an efficient processing turnaround of lens equipment, ensuring a standard of high quality is maintained. Whilst no previous experience is necessary, the post holder will ideally have an interest in photography or television equipment.
The Trainee Lens Technician will be responsible for all first line testing, maintenance and cleaning of all rental/projects TV Lens stock. This process will include:
- Checking for any damaged or missing items.
- Full functionality and performance test.
- Routine 1st line maintenance.
- Equipment preparation cleaning and presentation.
- Keeping Fault Status Reports and Insphire Stock Status up to date.
- Portable Appliance Testing (where applicable).
- Keeping stock of regularly used spare parts and managing the inventory of stock items.
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Over the phone technical assistance (when required).
- Experience with Microsoft Office would be advantageous.
- Some manual lifting will be required in the role, with lifting equipment provided for heavy lens equipment ranging generally up to 35KG, but exceeding 35KG in some circumstances.
- Previous Lens Testing experience is not essential as full training will be provided.
- A keen interest in photography or television equipment would be advantageous.
- Core working hours will be 9.00 am to 6.00 pm with an unpaid 1 Hour Lunch, with the possibility of working overtime dependant work demand.
If you feel you match the requirements for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter with the reference (TLT1218) in the subject heading to us at firstname.lastname@example.org Your covering letter should outline why you feel you would be a successful candidate for the role.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications that we are expecting, we will not be able to respond to all applications. Therefore, should you not hear from us within 4 weeks of the date of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE