Part of the Gravity Media Group, Gearhouse Broadcast Limited is a leading global provider of complex live broadcast facilities and production services operating in the UK, Australia, USA, France, Germany and Qatar.
Gearhouse Broadcast are currently seeking a Production Assistant to provide administrative support and to work closely with the Production Managers within the department on projects that will be run from the Watford office and our associate offices in Sydney and Paris. This is an office-based role and you will be expected to work Monday to Friday from 09h00 to 18h00, but may be required to be available for contact after these core hours.
Reporting to the Lead Production Manager, the Production Assistant will work alongside a team of 6 Production Managers, who, will ultimately report to, and work closely with, the Managing Director.
main duties & Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities will split across the following areas: -
- Raising of purchase orders that relate to the Projects department
- Ordering stationary (for office and on-site – also see ‘Production’ section below)
- Requesting and reconciling staff expenses
- Collating receipts and handling reconciliation of credit cards held by projects staff
- Keeping an up to date record of the Staff Leave Diary, distributing to Central Administration and ensuring data is copied onto ‘Crewplanner’
- Arranging and keeping record of taxi bookings for all staff
- Assisting with the running of an efficient and functional filing system
- Maintaining crew database (‘Crewplanner’) and be responsible for adding / updating freelance records and Crew Information folders on the server.
- Assisting Managing Director, Lead Production Manager and Business Development department with travel arrangements, meeting preparation and other ad-hoc tasks
- At times, being the responsible person in the office whilst staff are working abroad and providing whatever support is necessary
- Taking minutes of meetings including follow up action points and distributing as required
- Keeping track of of staff passports and visa validity and renewing where necessary
Assisting the Production Managers with their duties such as:
- Preparation of contracts
- Travel arrangements
- Crew visas
- Updating project data on ‘Crew Planner’ database
- Collating information for and creating ‘Production Books’
- Cash requests and reconciliation
- Crew and supplier payments
- Any other support necessary
- Organisation of the projects stationary/on-site supplies area (on the warehouse mezzanine)
- Ordering and packing stationary and on site office supplies for projects as required by the Engineers or on-site Production Managers. Coordinating the collection of items with the warehouse staff to ensure they are included on the correct shipment for each specific event.
- Assisting Engineers with labelling / technical manuals including printing and binding according to instructions given
- First class organisational skills
- Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Excellent communication skills – must be confident in dealing with a variety of people inside and outside the business
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills
- Able to work well within a team and use own initiative
- Flexibility (some out of hours working may be required)
- Experience in OB Production / Broadcast Media field preferred but not essential
If you feel you match the requirements for this role, please send your CV and covering letter. Please email this to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the high volume of applications that we are expecting, we will not be able to respond to individual applications. Therefore, should you not hear from us within 4 weeks of the date of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE