Gravity Media is looking for a talented Producer who is highly organized with strong communication, and project management skills. You will be responsible for establishing schedules, tracking project milestones, and budgets for all production activities. Communications skills are essential as you’ll be interfacing with talent, clients, and production team, coordinating with them to fulfill requests and realizing the production. True to the nature of being a producer, you’ll need to wear multiple hats at all times.
Work closely with Service Delivery Manager, Production Supervisor and Coordinator, vendors and the rest of the resources within the Gravity ecosystem to coordinate and prepare projects that will be run from client’s facility. Occasionally, this position may be required to attend a remote event and may be required to respond to critical situations after normal work hours.
- Skillfully operate and maintain all portable video and audio equipment, including studio and DSLR cameras.
- Produce a variety of video products for broadcasting and video streaming primarily using client’s Live product.
- Create and translate abstract concepts into effective visual form.
- Adapt video products to fit needs of clients and target audience.
- Use pre-installed and floor lighting to make subjects look their best on camera.
- Transport and setup of video, lighting, and audio equipment as required.
- Responsible for input on creative consultations.
- Communicate the status of every project with appropriate stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Work with production coordinator to ensure all planning and technical needs are met prior to any production.
- Manage client interaction and expectations regarding video production support efforts.
- Build a knowledge base of each client's business, systems and objectives.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Management and training of the freelance crew
- Perform other job-related duties and projects as needed and assigned.
- 3-5 years of previous hands-on production experience
- Able to execute production in a timely manner
- Familiarity with professional cameras (Canon C300 or similar), prosumer camcorders, various HD and SD formats, preproduction/planning, studio and field production, and lighting/grip.
- Audio includes small format mixers, compression, EQ, effects processors, audio recording techniques for studio and field, multi-track and waveform editing.
- Post-production entails digital video editing, still and motion graphics design, and video compression for multiple delivery platforms.
- Must have excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong client relations and interfacing skills
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to respond and work during nights, holidays or weekends if required
- Occasional travel may be required
- Written and verbal communication proficiency
- Organized and strong leadership abilities
- Ability to sit, reach outward or above the shoulder, stand, walk, handle with fingers, stand, bend, and stoop.
- Ability to operate a keyboard, view a video display terminal screen, ability to use telephone equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds and push or pull up to 25 pounds.
- Project management proficiency
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Creative with a positive attitude and the ability and energy to initiate action and results