At Gravity Media we will consider requests for flexible working. For this role we are open to discussing the possibility of flexible start and finish times, job share along with remote working, for the right candidate(s). Whilst the predominant work location will be Watford, we can also offer a degree of flexibility to work from a number of our sites within London, Surrey and Watford. Please detail on your application regarding the flexibility you need.
Based in our Watford office, the Legal Counsel will support the business with regard to a broad range of commercial contracts across the global business. This role forms, develops and drives an influential relationship with managers and key stakeholders in the delivery of their key contracts and operational needs.
To act as a point on day to day contact advising on Commercial/corporate law.
- Wide range of commercial agreements for customer base
- Reviewing and managing supplier terms
- Assist the General Counsel with company secretarial work as needed.
Projects—assist General Counsel with delivery of:
- Key strategic transactions and initiatives (mergers, joint ventures, acquisitions and key deal activity).
- Projects triggers with changes in law.
- Integration - support centralisation of contracts, legal compliance and standardisation of terms.
- Assist in management and instruction of external counsel.
- Prior knowledge and experience negotiating and drafting contracts and agreements independently, with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of operating within an unstructured/start-up environment.
- Able to understand the contracting process, the legal issues and the rights involved in programme acquisitions.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to interact with senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Able to develop relationships with key internal customers by quickly and accurately drafting, negotiating and implementing a range of commercial agreements.
- Able to independently prepare and manage legal documentation (contracts, legal correspondence, etc.) and other materials related to job duties.
- Critical analysis skills related to identifying and solving problems.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work productively in an evolving and changing environment.
- Self-starting and solutions-oriented team player.
- Completes work with professionalism and with integrity.
- Interest in the sectors Gravity Media operate.
- Qualified lawyer (3-5 years ++ PQE) who has worked in a commercial environment.