Input Media are currently recruiting a Broadcast Engineer to based in the Production Centre in Shepherds Bush, London.
Input Media engineers are responsible for the day-to-day operation and support of our technical facilities, both on and offsite, encompassing satellite downlink and fibre feeds, and providing VTR, EVS, Edit and Studio gallery guarantee. The Broadcast Engineer reports to the Engineering Operational Supervisor.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day running of MCR and line operations encompassing satellite downlink and fibre services, providing VTR, EVS and studio gallery guarantee.
- MCR operations and co-ordination of live feeds from incoming lines through to playouts and line recordings and co-ordination of facilities in other technical areas such as post production.
- Quality checking of incoming and outgoing feeds, edited content for playout or dispatch and equipment movement for all areas.
- To assist the Resources department and operational staff to ensure all bookings are correctly resourced and delivered to meet the clients’ requirements.
- Maintaining broadcast and post-production technology across all broadcast systems.
- Providing support of broadcast technology at offsite operations.
- Undertaking of minor broadcast technology projects.
- Supporting other members of the Engineering team on major technology projects.
- Working with and configuration of industry standard file based technology and workflows.
- Co-ordination of equipment movement across all operational areas.
- To assist in planning and implementing system and infrastructure upgrades and expansion.
- To maintain setup and system configuration across a range of broadcast equipment.
- Responding to new requirements as they arise and are delegated to the team by the Engineering Supervisor and Senior Engineers.
- Qualification: HND in a technical or scientific discipline
- Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience in an operational and broadcast engineering based role
Excellent knowledge of:
Video and audio formats used for Broadcast, HD-SDI, SD-SDI, ASI, AES, MADI etc
- Principles of video and audio transmission
- Broadcast monitoring
- Broadcast Video Servers – EVS, GVG/K2, AirSpeed
- Demonstrable knowledge of Camera Channels, Vision Switchers, Sound Mixer technology
- Avid Post Production Systems, Media Composer, and ISIS shared storage
- Broadcast Graphics systems and data integration
- EVS IPDirector, XTAccess etc.
- File encoding formats and delivery mechanisms
- Understanding of structured cable systems and cable patching and routing.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both spoken and written forms.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Logical thinking with good problem-solving and fault finding skills in diverse systems.
- Ability to work under pressure in a live environment and within programme requirements.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and overnight.
- Relevant Degree in Broadcast Technology
Good knowledge of:
- Good understanding of IP networking
- Avid Media Composer and Unity ISIS troubleshooting
- ClearCom Talkback Systems
- Ericsson Broadcast Encoders and Decoders
- Probel/Snell Routers
- Multiviewer configuration
- TSL TallyMan
- Snell / Crystal Vision Broadcast Glue
- Yamaha Audio Desks
- 160 hours per month (shift work, weekends, evenings, overnight)
If you feel you match the requirements for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter with the reference (BE0119) in the subject heading to us at email@example.com Your covering letter should outline why you feel you would be a successful candidate for the role.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications that we are expecting, we will not be able to respond to all applications. Therefore, should you not hear from us within 4 weeks of the date of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE