Chief Entertainment Pty Limited trading as Gravity Media (“Gravity Media”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
‘Gravity Media’ used under licence from Gravity Media (Australia) Pty Ltd
Privacy and Security Statement
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Gravity Media is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. Gravity Media is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and the Digital Transactions Act 1999, of which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information and transaction. Set out below is information that Gravity Media is required to communicate to its customers.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information held by Gravity Media may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Gravity Media collects personal information directly from you, when you submit your personal details through Gravity Media’s e-commerce web site.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for creditworthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop Gravity Media services;
- gain an understanding of your e-commerce needs in order for Gravity Media to provide you with a better service;
- maintain and develop Gravity Media’s business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, providing you OPT IN, your personal information is collected so that Gravity Media can promote and market its services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, SMS and MMS messages).
In relation to marketing and promotional material sent via email, Gravity Media will send such material only if you elect to receive it (i.e. opt-in) or if it is provided in response to your request. You can indicate your opt-in preference at Gravity Media’s web site.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to deliver the services you require, Gravity Media may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Gravity Media. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Gravity Media providing its services to you. These organisations carry out Gravity Media’s:
- customer enquiries
- order fulfilment
- mailing operations
- billing and debt-recovery functions
- information technology services
- marketing services
- market research
- web site usage analysis
Gravity Media takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, Gravity Media may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so)
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing)
- Gravity Media’s related companies
- Gravity Media’s professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- organisations who manage Gravity Media ‘s business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of its assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing Gravity Media ‘s corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
GRAVITY MEDIA’S WEB SITES
When you visit Gravity Media’s sites, its web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists Gravity Media to improve the structure of its web sites and monitor their performance.
OUR SECURITY POLICY
Gravity Media wants to ensure that all of our customers can shop online with complete confidence. We have taken every possible measure to give absolute security to our customers in their dealings with us.
We have created a secure transaction environment for commerce on the Internet. Our ecommerce system uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to ensure your shopping experience is safe and secure at all times. SSL locks all information passed from you to Gravity Media in an encrypted envelope. This makes it almost impossible to be intercepted by an unauthorised party, as long as your browser and local network support the use of encrypted data transmissions. SSL is the system that is used by all reputable e-commerce sites. The industry standard for encryption technology, SSL is compatible with Netscape, Internet Explorer, Safari and most other browsers.
You will know when transmitted data is safe by the appearance of a secure icon on your browser. For Netscape, this is a key icon; for Microsoft Internet Explorer and Safari, a lock icon. Secure web pages can also be identified by their URL: they begin with ‘https://’, while standard pages begin with ‘http://’.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact Gravity Media on +61 2 8243 4333 between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can write to our General Manager at Level 4, 4 Broadcast Way, Artarmon, 2064, Sydney, NSW, Australia.