THE FORCE OF GRAVITY
Gravity Media exists to create world-class content that inspires and excites. Our 500 people serve clients in all markets, from sport and media to news and entertainment, working all over the world from bases in the UK, Australia, USA, France, Germany and Qatar. We are driven by client service excellence. We’re always looking and listening, keeping up with the latest broadcast innovations – or pioneering them. Above all, we channel our energy into maintaining our reputation for flawless execution, deep technical expertise and efficient delivery.
OUR BRAND PROMISE
We use the collective power of our people and resources to capture, craft and create – putting our clients at the centre of our universe. We are expert, innovative and reliable, a guiding force in a complex world. It’s what we bring together that sets us apart.
Based in our Watford office, the successful applicant will work within the workshop team of nine engineers, testing, maintaining, and repairing all types of broadcast video and audio equipment which Gravity Media holds. Gravity Media’s engineering department builds broadcast TV production facilities and all equipment within this department requires regular testing and maintenance.
Adhering to our company H&S policy and ensuring that all company risk assessments are observed where applicable to your role, taking ownership of improvements and escalating concerns where necessary.
Contribute to the continual improvement of our management systems to ensure compliance with our legal obligations and maintain certification.
A recognised qualification in electronics or broadcast engineering is essential.
• Must be competent with understanding SD, HD,3G and UHD video formats.
• Familiar with IP and ethernet networks, an understanding of electronic theory and be able to fault find to component level is essential.
• Experience with Microsoft would be advantageous
Substantial previous experience with testing and repairing all types of broadcast video equipment is essential including:
• Broadcast Cameras
• TV/Video Monitors
• Video Distribution
• Vision Switchers
• Vision Routers
• Power Distribution
• Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) (where applicable)
• Service Scheduling
• Keeping stock of spare parts
• Keeping workshop ledger and inspire up to date.
• Keeping equipment storage and preparation areas organised
• To assist projects department when necessary