Due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Studio Technical Director to join our team at Dockland Studios Melbourne.
Reporting to Gravity Media Australia’s Head of Operations, you will be responsible for the technical function and maintenance of all broadcast equipment used in the control rooms and studios. This includes checking of audio desks, vision switchers and graphics systems to ensure uninterrupted incoming and outgoing feeds during productions and live broadcasts and provide end of day Technical reports to key stakeholders.
This is a full-time role based in Melbourne supporting live horseracing broadcasts.
- Prepare and maintain all broadcast equipment used in the control room and studio floor for daily Horseracing live broadcasts and magazine panel shows
- Perform pre-live technical checks on audio desk, vision switcher, graphics systems and cameras
- Establish comms between external and internal sources including Outside Broadcasts, MCR facilities and on location talent
- Complete vision and audio checks with all incoming sources and feeds
- Ensure vision switcher is set-up to meet the director’s needs and requirements
- Trouble shoot and correct any technical issues that arise during prep and live broadcasts
- Prepare and distribute daily technical reports and follow up any issues that need to be addressed
- Assist with planning, pre-production and facilitation of any ad-hoc projects requested by production
- Set up studio and facilitate live and pre-recorded shoots for broadcast integration
- Liaise with the broadcast engineers and technical support staff to ensure the latest technologies and best workflows are implemented in the control rooms
- Work according to rostered hours that will include day and night shifts and weekends
Skills & Experience
- Technical experience in a live television studio environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues under pressure
- Knowledge of current control room equipment, systems and configurations
- Knowledge of current Work, Health & Safety guidelines
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive team
- Horseracing industry experience or knowledge is preferred
In return, we will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant, and a chance to work for a global leader in broadcast solutions!
Gravity Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.