Due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for a Satellite Broadcast (SNG) Engineer to join our team in the Mascot warehouse in Sydney.
Based in Sydney, the Satellite Broadcast (SNG) Engineer will join our highly-skilled team, performing all duties of the Gravity Media Field Operations unit. This role will involve travel to destinations within Australia, or around the World, to plan and/or facilitate broadcast contribution (live or non-live) from location in accordance with job schedules.
The Satellite Broadcast (SNG) Engineer is responsible for the deployment and operation of transportable satellite uplink terminals (vehicle-based and “flyaway”), specialty camera systems, microwave link equipment and operations across the range of Gravity Media services.
- The deployment, operation and maintenance of technical facilities, including satellite transmission terminals (vehicle-based, fixed or “fly-away”), miniature camera systems, microwave link systems and any other associated technical facilities.
- Provide support to all other Engineering personnel, at Gravity Media’s Head Office, Productions Centre or any other location, as required from time to time.
- Ensure full and prompt reporting of all technical issues to the relevant stakeholders.
- Other duties as requested by the Director Operations, Head of Operations and Operations Manager.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent understanding of a 24-hour live television broadcast environment.
- Excellent understanding of television broadcast standards and terminology as related to baseband video, encoding, compression and satellite transmission/reception.
- Study in Telecommunications or equivalent experience preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in SNG Engineering preferred.
- Ability to work independently and work flexible schedules including 12 hour shifts across nights, holidays and weekends.
- Fluent English speaker and able to communicate effectively.
- Excellent customer focus.
- Able to deal with competing demands and remain calm under pressure.
- Commitment to solve problems quickly, efficiently and effectively.
- Recognize early signs of difficulty and delay, and not hesitate in communicating them to Operational, Editorial and Management teams.
- A high level of interpersonal skills.
- Keenness to operate to World’s Best Practice