THE FORCE OF GRAVITY
Gravity Media exists to create world-class content that inspires and excites. Our 500 people serve clients in all markets, from sport and media to news and entertainment, working all over the world from bases in the UK, Australia, USA, France, Germany and Qatar.
We are driven by client service excellence. We’re always looking and listening, keeping up with the latest broadcast innovations – or pioneering them. Above all, we channel our energy into maintaining our reputation for flawless execution, deep technical expertise and efficient delivery.
OUR BRAND PROMISE
We use the collective power of our people and resources to capture, craft and create – putting our clients at the centre of our universe. We are expert, innovative and reliable; a guiding force in a complex world. It’s what we bring together that sets us apart.
Based in our Watford office, the Logistics Coordinator will join a small but busy team to assist with booking and planning international and domestic freight for the mainly projects led logistics department.
The Logistics Coordinator will take on a variety of roles such as booking freights, managing imports, maintaining and organising documents/data and other administrative duties.
- Freight quoting for project tenders/proposals
- Obtain freight costs from information provided by the Projects department of a location or event, estimated weight and timeframe.
- Freight booking for projects/systems integration/intercompany transfers (In & Out)
- Quoting and booking shipments with freight agents to achieve desired project timelines and intercompany requirements
- Track shipments and spend per project
- Keep a total shipped breakdown sheet for each project detailing dates, commercial invoice/carnet numbers, freight cost, origin, destination, agent, pieces, weight per project.
- Book domestic & international courier shipments
- Planning delivery and collection schedules for projects
- Work with freight agents, EICs (Engineers In Charge), production managers, assets, operations and warehouse to draw up and distribute delivery and collection schedules from Gravity to and from site.
- Arrange Carnets
- Provide documentation to freight agents in order to have Carnets drawn up by the Chamber of Commerce
- Manage TI shipments
- Arrange for temporary imports to be done where applicable and ensure import record is closed upon re-export within the allotted timeframe
- Manage permanent imports including identifying correct import tariff codes and VAT calculation o Use the UK gov trade tariff to identify correct codes for duty and VAT to be paid on permanent imports in a timely manner
- Generate shipping documentation (commercial invoices/Carnets/packing lists)
- For Intercompany shipments forward AWB, BOL and shipping documentation to import agents and staff from relevant offices where applicable
- Generate “total shipped” documentation per project and circulate to relevant staff (EIC’s, Engineers, Asset management)
- Compile all shipping documents into a “total shipped” list for each project and distribute in order for staff to check what equipment should be present on site
- Maintain “Shipping Date” spreadsheet to ensure accurate dates available to staff
- Regularly update year planner to reflect shipping dates for projects throughout the year
- Maintain Logistics folder on OneDrive particularly commercial invoice and projects files
- Ensure information is kept neatly in the correct files and in keeping with the current systems.
- Generate De-Rig scanning database for international projects
- Use Microsoft Access to generate a scanning database for foreign projects using information from the total shipped documents
- Ensure temporary import bonds on international projects are settled on export
- Using the total shipped breakdown records ensure the import and export shipment values balance to avoid any duty and tax issues
- Ratify supplier invoices and purchase orders where appropriate
- Preapprove invoices and purchase orders for final signing off by the logistics manager where applicable
- Maintain stock system where appropriate (InspHire)
- Tidy up subgroups, descriptions, manufacturers, values, and countries of origin when errors or anomalies are discovered during creation of shipping documentation.
Adhering to our company H&S policy and ensuring that all company risk assessments are observed where applicable to your role, taking ownership of improvements and escalating concerns where necessary.
Contribute to the continual improvement of our management systems to ensure compliance with our legal obligations and maintain certification.
No specific qualifications are required, but the candidate should be fully computer literate and be able to interpret spreadsheet data and, if necessary, edit and feedback to their Line Manager any errors, changes or improvements.