THE FORCE OF GRAVITY
Gravity Media exists to create world-class content that inspires and excites. Our 500 people serve clients in all markets, from sport and media to news and entertainment, working all over the world from bases in the UK, Australia, USA, France, Germany and Qatar. We are driven by client service excellence. We’re always looking and listening, keeping up with the latest broadcast innovations – or pioneering them. Above all, we channel our energy into maintaining our reputation for flawless execution, deep technical expertise and efficient delivery.
OUR BRAND PROMISE
We use the collective power of our people and resources to capture, craft and create – putting our clients at the centre of our universe.
We are expert, innovative and reliable; a guiding force in a complex world. It’s what we bring together that sets us apart.
We are looking for a skilled Fleet & Field Operatives to join our team. Production with our client Riot Games helps lead the vision of each product across the finish line and help deliver experiences beyond the audience’s expectations. Our esports production team is responsible for a variety of projects like new esports product scoping and launches, esports leagues, events and roadshows. Whatever the calling, we provide solutions that our audience needs.
As part of the Esports Events Fleet & Field Ops Team at Project Stryker, you will be part of a Global Travel team based out of Dublin, Ireland. Working closely with broadcasting stakeholders; Fleet & Field Ops travel internationally to support live Esport events around the world. Core to this role; the successful Load-In and deployment of IT networks, PC / mobile phone setup (at both the hotel/hotels and venue/stage), as well as wifi and IPTV network roll-outs. During events you will provide onsite IT/support to ensure broadcasting stakeholders can deliver top quality events to a global audience.
You will be required to travel internationally for up to 60-70% of your working schedule in any given year in order to fulfil this role. In some instances you may be away from home for 4-5 weeks.
This role requires you to have and maintain a valid passport.
• Oversee the hardware fleet from event to event.
• Carry out the pre–event set up of PCs, switches, APs, IPTV units, and other devices.
• Configure the network and PC fleet in line with the Riot Games tech standards.
• During load-in, unpack and install fleet of PC’s and network devices and carry out full and robust testing of all equipment to ensure Players have the best experience possible.
• During the live event, you will provide the highest level of support to both Players and broadcasting stakeholders working at the event. Ensuring Riot Games can deliver awesome player experiences and the Players are fully equipped to perform to the highest levels.
• While at an event you will be part of the QRT team to be on standby, ensuring immediate response regarding issues to Broadcast or the Gaming network by ensuring communication channels are open with all stakeholders.
• As the event winds down you will be required to de-rig all deployed kit, noting damage or losses. You will ensure all kit is packed correctly/securely and ready to be shipped to the next international destination
• During down-time you will be required to enhance your training on existing or new-to-the-business products/workflows.
• From time-to-time you will be assigned to improvement works on projects that can enhance workflows and greater team efficiency.
• General equipment maintenance while back at base on the fleet as required.
• Your hands-on technical expertise and communication skills will be key tools as you evaluate, innovate, and overcome technical difficulties that may arise for the Players/broadcast stakeholders during a live event in a timely manner.
• You will sound the alarm and call-in reinforcements to address major issues that threaten Riot’s people, players, or services; stand at the point of escalation when trouble pops up and throw it back into the void from whence it came, making decisions quickly and effectively.
• You communicate easily in the most appropriate medium, be it email, hallway conversation or messenger pigeon; you will communicate with all broadcast stakeholders, including leadership, to provide key updates during events in compliance with company standards and security policies.
• Live event experience preferred, but not necessary
• 1+ years IT Support experience
• Experience working with tools such as FOG, AWS, Discord, JIRA, and Confluence
• IPTV knowledge
• Basic IT troubleshooting skills
• You are comfortable working long and sometimes unsociable hours when on assignment at Riot events around the world.
• You are a collaborator, able to work cohesively as part of the wider Fleet & Field Ops teams both at home and on site.
• You have a sense of urgency and you are an expert problem-solver who can address major issues that threaten Rioters, players, or services, whether it is people, process, or technology related.
• Structured cabling experience working with copper and fiber desired, but not essential
• You are flexible, adaptable, and committed in your pursuit of developing new techniques that give us the ability to automate and scale, while growing in your particular area of expertise
Adhering to our company H&S policy and ensuring that all company risk assessments are observed where applicable to your role, taking ownership of improvements and escalating concerns where necessary.
**For this role there is a relocation package available for the successful candidate.**
This job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job and is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved. Gravity Media is an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of any protected characteristics
Please wait while you are redirected to the right page...