Gravity Media is a global leader in production solutions, specializing in equipment rental, mobile production units, project solutions, efficient production workflows and event communications. At Gravity Media US, we strive to develop continuing business partnerships with our customers, not just sales. We believe our customers’ success will be our success.
Responsible for the provision of content production support services for live and recorded programming which includes, project preparation the installation, programming and maintenance of production and broadcast equipment and related IT and IP hardware.
- Second engineer on larger trucks and flypacks, EIC on single-engineer units as required
- Tracking field-deployed inventory; ensuring the facilities are packed properly and completely at the end of an event
- Assist in setup and strike
- Making connections between the facility and outboard equipment
- Provide guidance to crews in setting up and striking equipment
- Making sure all systems deployed outside the facility are operating correctly
- Documenting and triaging equipment for repair
- Performing field repairs and maintenance
- Assisting in preparation for shows both in the field and at the shop
- Driving light and heavy-duty trucks
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years relative industry experience.
- Good knowledge of signal flow as it applies to industry standard systems
- Knowledge of Sony, Hitachi cameras, both triax and SMPTE
- Knowledge of 2, 4-wire, and digital audio systems from RTS and Clearcom
- Good knowledge of usage and field maintenance of a wide range of interconnects
- Experience with inventory tracking
- Good interpersonal skills and experience in guiding a crew to make sure a smooth set-up/strike of shows
- Showing initiative to expand knowledge base and familiarity with relevant facilities and equipment
- Up to 70% travel, occasionally on a last-minute basis
- Evening and weekend work
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License
- Ability to sit, reach outward or above the shoulder, stand, walk, handle with fingers, stand, bend, and stoop.
- Ability to operate a keyboard, view a video display terminal screen, ability to use telephone equipment.
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 24’ tall and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and push or pull up to 30 pounds.