Gravity Media is a global leader in production solutions, specializing in equipment rental, mobile production units, project solutions, efficient production workflows and event communications. At Gravity Media US, we strive to develop continuing business partnerships with our customers, not just sales. We believe our customers’ success will be our success.
Ultimate responsibility for the provision of production support project preparation; the installation, programming and maintenance of production and broadcast equipment and related IT and IP hardware and crew assignments. Assist in the design of projects in conjunction with sales, operations and corporate engineering.
- Engineer in charge on trucks and flypacks as required, shop engineer duties as required
- Set up of shows (including set-shoot-strike) in a timely manner
- Helping production crew inside the facility perform their duties
- Making sure all facility systems are operating correctly and provide guidance to crew in case of issues.
- Ensuring that equipment is operated properly and documenting any issues causing damage or other loss
- Documenting and triaging equipment for repair. Performing field repairs if possible.
- Looking ahead at upcoming events to make sure technical facilities can be properly deployed
- Working with the second engineer when applicable to perform any duties required
- Performing repairs on triaged equipment if possible. Organizing RMA and equipment maintenance that has to be performed off-site
- Providing input and support on a variety of projects
- Showing initiative to expand knowledge base and familiarity with relevant facilities and equipment
- Other duties as required
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- 5 or more years relative industry experience.
- Expert knowledge of industry standard broadcast systems – GV, EVS, Sony, Evertz, etc.
- Understanding local market production and technical standards
- Integration experience. Level 1 engineers are expected to participate in the design and integration of new facilities
- Effective prioritization of tasks. Needs to be able to excel in a high-pressure, time-sensitive environments
- Computer networking and general IT knowledge. Should be able to set up basic computer networks, maintain Windows, MacOS, and Linux-based machines
- Good interpersonal skills – engineers are the face of the company in the field and should be able to present the company in the best light to our clients
- Ability to sit, reach outward or above the shoulder, stand, walk, handle with fingers, stand, bend, and stoop.
- Ability to operate a keyboard, view a video display terminal screen, ability to use telephone equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds and push or pull up to 25 pounds.