THE FORCE OF GRAVITY
Gravity Media exists to create world-class content that inspires and excites. Our 500 people serve clients in all markets, from sport and media to news and entertainment, working all over the world from bases in the UK, Australia, USA, France, Germany and Qatar.
We are driven by client service excellence. We’re always looking and listening, keeping up with the latest broadcast innovations – or pioneering them. Above all, we channel our energy into maintaining our reputation for flawless execution, deep technical expertise and efficient delivery.
OUR BRAND PROMISE
We use the collective power of our people and resources to capture, craft and create – putting our clients at the centre of our universe. We are expert, innovative and reliable; a guiding force in a complex world. It’s what we bring together that sets us apart.
We are thrilled to be recruiting the first round of top talent into our brand-new Production Hub. Based in our Westworks Facility, the Audio Engineer will be responsible for the technical operation of projects. There may be times when the Audio Engineer will be required to assist in engineering workshop in London or as directed by the leadership team. Gravity Media’s Engineering department delivers on our customer requirements by ensuring we are at the top of our game with the adoption of new and emerging technologies, and ensure client projects are delivered on time and on budget.
• Audio facility maintenance, which will include maintenance and repair of projects technical equipment.
• Provide input with regards the audio engineering development of Gravity Media Production Centres Infrastructure
• Audio engineer on Studio and Remote Production programming responsible for the technical running of the facility. This would include the following:
o Determining equipment requirements and specifications for specific projects.
o Compiling of audio technical plans for projects EG Block diagrams, microphone, and audio desk plans, etc.
• Assistance of project & production management
• Working with and the control of contract staff where necessary on projects.
• Facility rigging & commissioning for projects.
• Liaison with existing client base and potential new clients.
• Assistance, when possible, with technical issues at Gravity Media. This could be in areas such as technical support via the telephone or site visits to clients.
• Assistance with training of junior engineering and hire desk staff.
• Undertake general routine maintenance and planned work.
• Prepare and test equipment prior to use
• Work closely with the Assets team to prepare equipment, ensuring it is available to project account managers and the rental department.
• Assist in the planning of projects to fulfil the requirements set by the client.
• Research and source ‘equipment solutions’ to client needs if there is no solution available in stock.
• Assist in the preparation of equipment according to technical project documentation
• Identify and repair faulty equipment.
• Remain up to date with evolving technology and process through continuous self-learning and professional development.
Travel & Working Schedule
This position is based at our production centre location which requires working unsociable hours and weekends. Therefore, flexibility is a key requisite for the position.
Adhering to our company H&S policy and ensuring that all company risk assessments are observed where applicable to your role, taking ownership of improvements and escalating concerns where necessary.
Contribute to the continual improvement of our management systems to ensure compliance with our legal obligations and maintain certification.